The three-day intensive training class (Oct 2018, Tel Aviv, Israel) of the GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) is designed for tourism industry professionals interested in improving their sustainability skills and learning from best practices in sustainable tourism businesses and destinations. The training covers key topics such as tourism as a tool for sustainable development and sustainability marketing for tourism businesses and destinations, and offers a unique opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the GSTC Criteria - the world's leading standard for tourism sustainability.
This training class is organized and delivered by GSTC Training Partner GREEN EVOLUTION SA.
The three-day intensive sustainable tourism training program covers global trends in sustainable tourism, sustainability best practices and the GSTC Criteria, with the aim of strengthening awareness of sustainable tourism through practical insights and achievable steps.
Key Training Program Highlights
- Knowledge and expertise representing the GSTC as the global authority on quality sustainable tourism standards.
- Stimulating and rewarding learning experience, being part of an interactive training with fellow participants representing a variety of public, private, academic and non-profit entities.
- Practical insights on promoting sustainable and responsible travel experiences through case studies and best practice examples.
How Will the Training Benefit Your Work?
- You will be able to make informed decisions on how to implement sustainability practices for your company or destination.
- You will be able to build and establish viable and actionable sustainable tourism policies and practices for your organization.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in the official GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) Exam, and upon successful completion, receive a Certificate in Sustainable Tourism by the GSTC to demonstrate your knowledge of sustainable tourism standards and practices.
The registration fees for this class are:
- 599€ per person (Regular)
- 530€ per person (Current GSTC)
- 499€ per person (Early Bird until Sep 2018)
*For GSTC Organization members, the above member discount is available to all staff members and can be used for an unlimited number of times.
As part of your registration, you will have receive training materials to be provided prior to the class; field session (tour of a local hotel); lunch breaks and coffee breaks during the training class; a Certificate of Completion confirming your attendance in the class; and the opportunity to take the official STTP Exam (the Exam fee is not included in the training class registration fee. The cost for the Exam is 70 Euro/person and should be chosen in the special item).
The training class registration does not include travel to/from and within Tel Aviv or accommodations.
Group Registration Options
You can sign up multiple people at the same time when registering online. Select the number of people you would like register, and you can enter contact details for each participant on the form. We also offer a discount for each group purchase of more than 5 seats. If you would like to sign up as a group of 5 and more, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
We offer a limited number of need-based discounts to current students and professionals who demonstrate genuine needs. To apply, please submit this application form.
GSTC Trainer: Dr. Ioannis Pappas
Dr. Ioannis Pappas is the Greece Country Representative for the GSTC and Member of GSTC Board of Directors. He serves as the Lead Trainer in Training Partner GREEN EVOLUTION SA, and he is a Accredited Trainer for the GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program. In addition, he is Approved Auditor for Hotels and Accommodations for Travelife, and Certified Auditor for Green Globe.
He is an experienced professional engineer, with over 25 years of work in several fields of science, focusing in Sustainability for Tourism, energy and environmental efficiency in Infrastructure and Buildings, auditing or advising in standardization of companies and technological implementation of climate adaptation and mitigation methodologies. He is active in auditing, consulting and training on all matters of interest to the tourism sector, as Sustainable Tourism Manager by Jean Monnet European Centre of Excellence and PM4SD, Auditor for Stars Evaluation of Hotels and Vilas in Greece, Accredited Trainer of Passive House Standard, Accredited Verifier of Airports GHG and European Energy Manager. He also has extensive experience on Project Management as Coordinator and/or Manager in more than 20 National & EU Research Projects, as Certified Auditor of ISO 9001 and 14001 Systems, and as Trained Consultant of ISO 50001 Systems.
Dr. Pappas is a Co-Founder and CEO of GREEN EVOLUTION, a unique Advising Company in Environment, Energy & Carbon Finance in Greece, and has been an active participant member of various international working groups (UNFCCC, CITL, ITL, CEN, TAIEX). He has a Diploma in Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and a Post-Doc in Applied Mechanics in Energy Applications.
|You must select your preferences within the time limit|