The PIY / Print It Yourself / Seminars and Workshops Series of Silk Screen Printing is a fact. From 4 March 2023 and for 4 weekends the seminar participants can enter the world of silk-screen printing and its applications in textile and paper.
The PIY Seminars will start on Saturday, March 4, 2023 and are common to all participants. The program includes theory with the basic principles of silk-screen printing, design, and advanced silk-screening techniques by Tind, Fuzz Ink and Antonis Daktilidis.
During PIY Seminars participants will be able to design their own projects with the guidance of the instructors. The participants will then be divided into groups based on the day of printing they choose and then print their designs. Regardless of their choice, participants will be able to follow the printing process of the other groups.
The PIY Workshops will run the next three rounds and will be divided into Design Workshops and Fabric and Paper Printing Workshops, where participants will have the opportunity to print their own designs on paper AND textile.
Design Workshops: Participants do design workshops for silk screen printing with one of the lecturers editing their designs until their final form before producing the film.
Printng Workshops: Participants prepare and expose the screens , prepare machines, and finally print their designs on various T-Shirts and different papers that are provided free of charge and in random shades.
Saturday 4 March 2023
Theory & Speeches
Sunday 5 March 2023
Theory & Hands on
Saturday 11 & Sunday 12 March 2023
WHAT DO THE TICKETS INCLUDE?
- 10 T-shirts / person for all participants
- 50 papers of different color and quality equaled to all participants
- Inks and printing materials
- Printing screens and film
- Regional printing materials and tools
- Print apron for each participant
- PIY Goody Bags with promotional material for promoters and speakers
- Snacks, soft drinks and coffee for all days of talks and workshops
- Certificate of Participation
- Participation in the graduation report after the end of the seminars (to be announced)
* Except for the clothes and paper they are given, participants can bring their own fabrics or paper for printing on lab days in consultation with the supervisor
** T-shirts, papers, aprons and Goody Bags remain in the possession of participants after the end of each day of the seminar.
*** No prior screen printing knowledge is required from participants.
More info: 210 5150273-4 (10 am-4pm)