The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), in collaboration with the Takis Foundation—Research Center for the Art and the Sciences, is staging a major exhibition of iconic sculptures by the internationally-acclaimed visual artist Takis (Panayiotis Vassilakis, 1925–2019) between 23 June and 7 November 2021.
The exhibition, which is entitled Τakis: Cosmos In Motion, was made possible by a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). Presenting 46 representative works by the leading Greek artist in the public spaces of the SNFCC, the show will introduce Takis to a new generation, as well as providing those already familiar with his work with a fresh perspective on its significance.
The artworks featured in the exhibition include Takis’ emblematic Aeolians, Light Signals-Archimedes’ Screw, and Fireworks, as well representative works from his “Musicals”, “Magnetic Wall / The 4th Dimension”, “Spirals”, “Electrical Barrels”, “Flowers” and “Spheres” series.
Collectively and individually, Takis’ works comprise a world in motion, a world which visitors can explore and connect to in an exhibition centered on the artist’s exploration of the laws of nature, the cosmic forces of the universe, and on his attempt to give invisible forces a physical dimension.
The tour is conducted in Greek language.
Free admission by online pre-registration
Meeting point: SNFCC LOBBY
Tour duration: 60'
Number of participants per tour: max. 20
The guided tour includes a 60-minute walk outdoors and it is fully accessible for people with disabilities.
For your participation in the tour the use of mask is mandatory.
The use of face mask and social distancing measures are mandatory in indoor and outdoor areas of the SNFCC, in accordance with Hellenic National Public Health Organization regulations.
- Pre-registrations are canceled 15' prior to the commencement of the event in case of no-shows.
- Pre-registration is required both for adults and children.
- Participants are advised to be at the event's location 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the event.
- Τhe SNFCC and the Stavros Niarchos Park are fully accessible for people with disabilities. For further information please check here.
- The tours at the exhibition Takis: Cosmos in Motion will be conducted under sufficient weather conditions.
Due to public health measures, eventually some spaces will not be accessible during the public tours and there may be changes regarding either the staging of the event, or the maximum number of participants.